Friday 20 January 2012

Begin anew.

I never got around to the why of all those mushrooms. Those were used in a frantic fortnight of late, late nights and the hysteria you develop after days of reduced sleep. Looking back, I am glad I have photos as it's all a blur of stitch, stitch, stitch, with brief intermissions when Micheal, the owner, wandered past, or when someone noticed the work and came up to the table to play with my stuff. Honestly, these were like rays of sunshine from behind clouds. Creating my work is not all doom and gloom, but it's certainly drudge and trudge, and the light in the tunnel gets faint.
 I appreciate the intermissions.

Beginning of the Creative Tanks project.

My pincushion.


Attaching the mushrooms.
The whole mushroom plan, attached and ready to sew.
That was the first day. At the end of that day, my camera broke, and the next 3 days of the Creative Tanks pop-up exhibit were unrecorded by me, although there are a few images floating around by Nerida Tupas, the mind behind OldFangled Beauties. The work has been completed, and I shall post more of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment